It’s actually super easy to do in the Uber Driver app as opposed to the Uber’s website. If you log into the website the fields for changing your email and phone number are solid and they don’t have any edit button next to them.
In the Uber Driver App follow these 3 easy steps:
- Click on the 3 lines in the upper left of the screen
- Click on Account, right under “Uber Pro” and “Wallet”
- Click on Manage Uber Account with the small “i” icon on the left, right under “Tax Info”
- There you can change your name, email or phone number
- Verify your new phone number by adding the 4 digits sent to your new phone number
I recommend using a Google Voice number for you Uber Driver account because some customers that have the wrong intentions can easily get your phone number either through Uber Customer Support or by calling you through the routed phone number in the Uber app and then listening to your voicemail that repeats your real phone number at the end of the call. With your real phone number they can find out where you live and do other things that you might want to protect yourself from but with a Google Voice phone number they’re just reaching a dead end.