Roblox does not have a native Linux or Ubuntu client. However, there are workarounds to run Windows applications on Linux using tools like Wine. Here’s a step-by-step guide to attempt getting Roblox running on Ubuntu using Wine:
1. Installing Wine:
- Open a terminal.
- First, make sure your system packages are up-to-date by running:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
- Install Wine:
sudo apt install wine64 wine32
2. Download Roblox:
- Go to the official Roblox website using a web browser and download the Windows
.exeinstaller for Roblox.
3. Install Roblox with Wine:
- Navigate to the directory where you’ve downloaded the Roblox
- In the terminal, run the following command to start the installation with Wine:
setup_roblox.exewith the exact name of the Roblox installer you downloaded if it’s different.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Roblox.
4. Launch Roblox:
- Once installed, you can try launching Roblox using Wine from the terminal. The exact command might vary based on where Wine installed Roblox, but it might look something like:
wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Roblox/RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe
- Not all features of Roblox might work flawlessly through Wine.
- Roblox updates could potentially break compatibility with Wine.
- The Roblox Studio (used for game development) might have its own set of challenges and may not work as well as the player client.
- Always keep an eye on the Roblox and Wine communities for updates or fixes to any issues you might encounter.
It’s always a good idea to check Roblox and Wine forums or communities for the most recent information and solutions related to running Roblox on Linux.