To log out of OpenDNS, you typically follow these simple steps:
- Access the OpenDNS Dashboard:
- Make sure you are logged in to your OpenDNS account and are on the dashboard page. You can usually access this by visiting the OpenDNS website and signing in with your credentials.
- Locate the Logout Option:
- Look for a logout option, which is often found in the top right corner of the webpage. This might be represented by an icon (like a power button or door icon), your account name, or simply a text link that says “Logout”, “Sign Out”, or similar wording.
- Click on the Logout Option:
- Click on this logout option. This action should log you out of your OpenDNS account.
- Some websites may ask for confirmation to log out. If prompted, confirm that you want to log out.
- Close the Browser for Extra Security (Optional but Recommended):
- If you are using a public or shared computer, it’s a good idea to close the web browser completely after logging out to ensure that your session is completely terminated and your account remains secure.
- Check for Successful Logout:
- After logging out, you can verify that you’re logged out by attempting to navigate back to the dashboard. If you are redirected to the login page, it means you have successfully logged out.
If you encounter any issues while trying to log out, such as the logout button not working or the page not responding, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, or try logging out using a different web browser. If problems persist, you might need to contact OpenDNS support for assistance.