To connect a PlayStation 5 (PS5) DualSense controller to a computer via Bluetooth, you need to make the controller discoverable so your computer can detect and pair with it. Here’s how you can achieve this:
- Prepare Your Computer:
- Ensure that your computer’s Bluetooth functionality is enabled.
- If your computer doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth, you may need to use a Bluetooth dongle and ensure its drivers are correctly installed.
- Access Bluetooth Settings on Your Computer:
- Windows: Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on and then click on “Add Bluetooth or other device.”
- macOS: Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Make the PS5 Controller Discoverable:
- Turn off the PS5 console to ensure it doesn’t automatically connect to the controller.
- On the PS5 DualSense controller, simultaneously press and hold the PS button (the round button with the PlayStation logo) and the “Create” button (the button located to the left of the touchpad with three lines, resembling a piece of paper). Hold these two buttons together for a few seconds until the light on the touchpad starts blinking rapidly.
- The rapidly blinking light indicates that the controller is in “pairing mode” and is discoverable by nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Pair the PS5 Controller with Your Computer:
- Windows: From the “Add a device” window, select “Bluetooth.” Your computer should scan for available devices and list them. Find the “Wireless Controller” or “DualSense” in the list and click on it to pair.
- macOS: In the Bluetooth preferences, the DualSense controller should appear in the list as “Wireless Controller” or “DualSense.” Click “Connect” next to it.
- Successful Pairing:
- Once paired, the light on your DualSense controller will have a steady glow, indicating it’s connected to your computer.
- Optional: Install Software for Enhanced Compatibility:
- Windows users might benefit from software like DS4Windows or Steam, which provides better compatibility and customization options for the controller.
After you’re done using the controller with your computer and want to reconnect it to your PS5, you’ll likely need to connect it to the PS5 using a USB cable first to re-establish the connection.
Remember that while the DualSense controller can connect to many devices via Bluetooth, not all games and applications may support its features fully, especially haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. Some tweaking or third-party software might be necessary for full compatibility.